Tuesday, September 4, 2012

American Alfredo Sauce

I was looking at recipes for Alfredo sauce online tonight, and just wasn't finding anything that spoke to me.  Doing what I do, I decided to come up with my own and see if it works. The response was awesome! 
"The Best Alfredo Sauce I have EVER had!" 
"I'll eat these leftovers any day of the week!"
I was pretty excited to say the least.  What was my secret?  Well, that is where we get the "American" title from.  I used Sharp Cheddar cheese, along with a lot of other stuff, but that was my surprising ingredient.  Here's the recipe, and we'll see if your family likes it as much as mine, and my cute 18 year old neighbor girls next door.  Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 Pint Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Half and Half
1 Tbs. Butter
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 tsp. Dried Parsley
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/8 tsp. Salt
2 Tbs. Flour
1/2 lb. Grated Parmesan
5-1 inch cubes of Sharp Cheddar Cheese


Directions
In a pot melt butter with flour and garlic. Heat just until melted.

Add your cream and half and half. Stir until steaming. Add your seasonings, and then slowly mix in your cheese until completely melted. 

Turn onto simmer and continue to stir occasionally for 30 minutes. 

When you drop your pasta, turn your heat on your sauce completely off and just let sit so it thickens up without heat.

I served mine with grilled chicken breast tenders. I cooked the pasta, and then added the chicken to the pasta once I drained the pasta and then drizzled the sauce over all of it and mixed until it got to the consistency that I wanted.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment