Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cranberry Cake with Butter Sauce

 I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but I just can't. This recipe is very dear to me because every time I make it, it reminds me of the most special man in my life. This is my Dad's, famous, Cranberry Dessert Cake with the finger licking good, Butter sauce. Oh my goodness it is to die for. My Dad makes this cake on 3 occasions: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Other than that, I'm on my own. Now I follow the recipe and can have it anytime, but mine doesn't even compare to the deliciousness of my Father's. So, I thought all of you should be able to enjoy what I have enjoyed for all of these years. The most delectable, delicious, an delightful dessert you will ever find!  

Ingredients 
2 3/4 C. Flour 
2 1/4 C. Sugar 
2 tsp. Baking Powder 
1 tsp. Baking Soda 
1/4 tsp. Salt 
2 C. Sour Cream 
1/2 C. Milk 
1/4 C. Oil 
1/2 tsp. Almond extract 
2 Eggs 
3 1/2 C. Fresh Cranberries 
1/2 C. Butter 
1/2 C. Heavy Whipping Cream 
1 tsp. Vanilla  

Directions 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
Grease a 9x13 baking dish. 
Combine dry ingredients and mix well. In a mixer combine sour cream, milk, oil, almond extract, and eggs. Beat well. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until creamy and smooth. 
Fold in cranberries until just mixed through. 
Pour into the baking dish and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean. 

While the cake is baking make the buttery glaze. 
In a small saucepan combine the butter, and cream. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Remove from heat for 5 minutes and stir in the vanilla. 

To prepare, cut a square of warm cake from the baking dish, place on a plate, and drizzle with the warm butter sauce. I am not kidding, this cake is the most delicious and decadent cake you will ever eat!! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Should there be sugar in the butter sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this recipe is correct. There should be sugar that you cooked to dissolve in the butter sauce. Happy Holiday's

    ReplyDelete