Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Corn Dog Recipe

Happy Fat Tuesday everyone!! In celebration of this great day, I am sharing my traditional Fat Tuesday recipe with y'all.  Every Fat Tuesday my husband and I make my corn dogs.  Not only are they delicious, and 100% NOT nutritious, but they're Amazing!  I know you'll try one bite and you're going to Love them! Have a Happy Mardi Gras!

Ingredients
2/3 C. Flour
1/4 C. Cornstarch
1/4 C. Cornmeal
1/4 C. Sugar
1 Tbs. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1 C. Buttermilk
8 Hot Dogs
8 Thick Wooden Dowels
Soy Bean Oil (I like to go with the healthiest oil when I'm making these, but you can use what you want.)

Directions
Preheat 4 inches of oil to 350 degrees.
Mix Flour, Cornmeal, Sugar, Baking Powder, Salt, Garlic and Onion Powder, and Buttermilk together, until well incorporated into a somewhat smooth batter.
Push each wooden dowel into the hot dog at least 3/4 of the way up.  I like to leave about 3 inches sticking out of the bottom.
Put Cornstarch into a pie plate and dredge each hot dog in the cornstarch.
Then dip and heavily cover each hotdog in the cornmeal batter. Circle around to get the top to twist a bit, and place in HOT oil. 
Fry for 3-4 minutes turning over 1/2 way through cooking.
After 4 minutes or when the outside is completely nice and really golden brown, pull out and place on a paper towel until it's cooled down a bit. 
Serve with Mustard and Ketchup.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment