Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cherry Chip Cupcakes with Cherry Vanilla Icing

I always make a Valentine's Day treat for Dave.  We were sitting here tonight talking about our upcoming Valentine's tradition of Crab Legs and having dinner at home, and he said, "Remember those cupcakes you made last year?  The cherry ones?  They were amazing, and I was wondering if you could make them again this year."  With a sweet request like that how in the world could I tell this cute little man no?  I love him so much I could just eat him up, but I'll save that for the cupcakes.  

Anyway back to the cupcakes, so unfortunately this is not my recipe, but I have no idea where in the world I got it.  I just know that whomever made it rocks at cupcakes and I want her or him to be my friend.  :)  So if you want to dazzle your man or woman on V-Day this year, aim for her or his stomach and make these!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted, room temp. Butter
1/2 cup Sour Cream
2 Eggs, room temp.
2 tsp. PURE Cherry extract
1/2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Zest (this is the ingredient that will make these cupcakes knock your lovers socks off!)
1/2 cup Sweet Cherry Chips (I use Gurleys)
(I also add a little red food coloring to my batter because I think it makes the cupcakes look cute, as you can see)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350

Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
.
In your mixer whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  Mix in butter, sour cream, eggs, cherry extract, and lemon zest.  Mix until well combined, and then fold in with a rubber spatula the cherry chips.

The you're just going to take your cookie scooper or just use a Tbs. and put 3 Tbs. in each one of your liners.

Bake for 20-22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  You want to make sure you take them out before they start to go golden brown on the top.  Then let cool completely before icing.

Cherry Vanilla Buttercream Icing
Ingredients
1 stick unsalted Butter
1/2 lb. Powdered Sugar
1-2 tsp. Pure Cherry Extract
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 Tbs. Heavy Cream

Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a mixer and add a little food coloring if so desired.  Frost your cuppy cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment