Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  I'm up making my husband his special Valentine's breakfast.  As I was searching through all of my past waffle, french toast, and crepe, and pancake recipes, I came across this one and it's definitely my favorite!  Ricotta cheese makes anything delicious!  So if you are looking for a breakfast full of love this is definitely the one!!  You can even make them heart shaped!  :)  Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Ingredients
3/4 cup Flour
1 Tbs. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 Tbs. Sugar
1 cup Ricotta cheese
2 Eggs
2/3 cup Milk
1 Lemon, zested and juiced
Butter or Pam Spray for griddle
1 jar prepared Lemon curd (I use my recipe that I have posted on this site)
fresh Raspberries (optional)
Powdered sugar for Dusting

Directions
Preheat a nonstick griddle. 

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a small bowl. 

Whisk together the cheese, eggs, milk, lemon juice, and zest in a large bowl. 

Whisk the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Brush the hot griddle with butter, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of the batter on the griddle and cook on both sides until light golden brown.

Empty the contents of the lemon curd into a small saucepan and warm over low heat just until runny. Drizzle a few tablespoons of the curd over the pancakes, top with fresh raspberries, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment