Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nutella Marshmallow Cupcakes

So I have become obsessed with Nutella lately. It's creamy, delicious, chocolaty, and makes one moist cupcake! I had a recipe for peanut butter cupcake, and used Nutella instead....AMAZING!! If you try this you have to let me know what you think. The marshmallow frosting was by far my favorite! Here is the recipe....
 Nutella Cupcake

Ingredients:
1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Nutella
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:
Beat the butter until creamy. Add sugar, vanilla extract and Nutella and mix until light. Add the eggs and beat well.

Mix the flour and baking soda. Gradually add to the creamy preparation until well mixed. Half-fill paper cake cups in muffin tins with the mix.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees F. Remove from tin and let cool


Marshmallow Frosting

Ingredients:
4 sticks (1 pound) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
One 16-ounce tub marshmallow cream

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy.

Beat in one-fourth of the sugar until fluffy, then repeat with the remaining sugar.

Beat in the vanilla, then stir in the marshmallow cream until well blended.

8 comments:

  1. I'll have to try these! We LOVE nutella!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me how they turn out Jen. If you have any questions let me know. I absolutely love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many does this make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. between 12 and 16 depending how many you use. I use an cookie scoop for my cupcakes and I normally get between 16-18

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cupcakes are DELICIOUS! Highly recommend making them. I'm going to try making as 1 big cake for my son's first birthday. Any tips? Only trick is to avoid eating all the batter before you've put it in the cupcake moulds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! These are by far my most popular recipe. If you are trying to make as a cake, you will need to adjust the time. The easiest way for me to do this, is look on the back of a store bought cake mix and see how long they say to time the cake in one of their pans and go from there. I hope that helps. Let me know how it works! Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simple fondant icing recipe for beginners is a marshmallow-based fondant. You will need a bag of mini marshmallows, 2 tablespoons of water and icing sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made these today for my wife's birthday with my 3 year old daughter assisting. Not sure how I messed up the cupcakes. First batch baked 15 minutes and were hard and dry and had no flavor of nutella. Second batch baked over twenty minutes and were soft, moist, delicious and flavorful. But that's just my shortcoming. I'm not an experienced baker. I've started baking just to have a kitchen project with my daughter every weekend so she doesn't grow up only remembering washing cars and doing yardwork with Dad. My daughter stuck a finger in a cupcake and so we saved it by filling it with frosting. Then we got a wooden spoon with a thick handle and poked holes in all the cupcakes and filled them similarly. The frosting, I gotta say, was spot-on perfect and delicious. Wife, mother-in-law and daughter loved it. Even I liked it with my pumpkinator ale (standing and baking is HARD work and merits a beer). All-in-all, this is a keeper and I'm gonna make them again when my cake skills improve. I'm sure the frosting is going to have a recurring role in other desserts and I'm sure wife's gonna introduce it to her cooking club. Great recipe! Mediocre baker, but forgiven.

    ReplyDelete