Thursday, January 27, 2011

Amazingly delicious, and Easy Roast Beef

Ingredients:
4lb Top Sirloin Roast
2 t. Pepper
2 t. Salt
1/4 C. Vegetable Oil

Directions:
Remove the roast from it's package and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides with salt. (1t. on each side) Put on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Put in the fridge for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 275 degrees

Remove plastic wrap. In a skillet heat the 1/4 C. vegetable oil on high heat. Pat the roast dry again and sprinkle both sides with pepper. Put one side flat down into hot oil and cook on high heat for 4 minutes or until very well browned. Flip over and repeat on the other side.

Remove roast from skillet and place in the middle of a roasting pan in the middle of the rack. Place in oven and cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the a thermometer stuck in the middle reads 125 degrees.

Once you reach the desired temp. take out and place aluminum foil over it. Let it rest, covered, for 25 minutes. Then cut and serve with mashed potatoes and gravy.

This is by far the best flavored roast I have ever made and juicy and tender and amazingly delicious. I have cooked so many roasts and I have never liked one as much as this one!! If you try it let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Loving this blog and that you decided to do it!! I can't wait to try some things!!!love you Jill, and keep up all the wonderful things you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING your blog!! Can't wait to start trying some of these great lookin' meals!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll both have to let me know how the recipes go and what ones you like the most! Thanks so much for checking out my blog. I love you both tons!

    ReplyDelete