Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mom's Chocolate Cobbler

Wow oh wow is all I can say about this recipe.  I wish I could say that I made it, but I didn't.  My mother gave it to me, and it is amazing!  It is simple, easy, delectable, and delicious!  You are going to find yourself making this really late on a Saturday night when all the ice cream stores have closed and you have a chocolate craving, or just any regular day of the week is good too.  ;)  The best part about this is that you don't need hot fudge sauce to go over, because the sauce is already baked in!

Ingredients
1 cup flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
7 Tbs. Cocoa Powder, Divided
1 1/4 cup Sugar, divided
1/3 cup melted Butter
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
1 1/2 cup HOT tap water or milk

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

First stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tablespoons of the cocoa, and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Reserve the remaining cocoa and sugar.

Stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
Pour the mixture into an ungreased 8-inch baking dish. I prefer my small oval Corning Ware glass dish.

In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining white sugar (it should be 1/2 cup), the brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter.
Pour the hot tap water over all. DO NOT STIR!

 Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set.
Let stand for a few minutes if you can hold yourself back. Serve with my homemade vanilla ice cream using the gooey sauce to spoon over all.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you mom making your daughter take over this fantastic chocolate treat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm.. I am a committed chocoholic! Gonna make this soon for sure.

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  3. this...looks... delicious. haha too bad i'm on a healthy food diet :( wwaahh!

    i'm your newest follower. i hope you can take the time to stop by my blog and maybe follow me back! :)

    lindsay @ http://lindsayelizabethm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It says milk in the directions , but it doesn't tell you how much to add, does not even appear in the ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about the milk accident. The hot tap water is the milk. I use milk instead of hot tap water but I used tap water in the ingredients for a lower calorie and fat content. It's up to you. I use hot whole milk. Thanks for recognizing my mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for clarifying. .I had made this in the past and loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, do you melt the butter then measure 1/3 cup or can we measure 1/3 cup then melt it?

    ReplyDelete