Monday, February 20, 2012

EASY PEASY Chicken Enchiladas

I love chicken enchiladas, but I hate how long they always took.  This is absolutely simple, quick, and easy.  You can even start with your frozen chicken in the freezer.  I'm going to tell you step by step what I am doing right now.

I just took out 12 chicken thighs that were in my freezer opened up the ziploc bag and dumped them into a pot of warm water placed on the stove over low in a bath of herbs and 1 onion quartered.  I'm going to let that cook until it's soft enough to fall apart, about 2 to 5 hours.

Then I'm going to take the chicken out, let it cool, save the broth and freeze it so I can use it later, and then shred the chicken into bits for the tortillas.


Okay here are the ingredients

5 c. SHARP cheddar cheese shredded
2-3 c. Shredded Chicken Thighs
2-3 c. Sour Cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can green chilies
2 Tbs. minced onion
1 Tbs. minced garlic
1 can mushroom drained
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried parsley
10 tortillas

Okay here comes the easy part...
mix everything but the tortillas and 2 cups of cheese in a bowl together.  Warm up the tortillas for 30 seconds in the microwave, and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Fill up each tortilla as full as you want, roll it up and place it in the dish, making sure to leave about 1/2 cup of the mixture for later.
When the baking dish is full take the 1/2 cup mixture and spread over the top of the enchiladas and then sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake at 350 covered for 20 minutes and then uncover for 5 minutes.  Then BAM!  Dinner is done and it's amazingly delicious and easy.  I don't care who you are, you can have dinner tonight on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment