Monday, December 3, 2012

Lazy Sausage Dinner Bake

I was looking in my bare fridge today and not having any desire to go to the grocery store I decided I was going to make due.  In the freezer I had 4 sausage's that I thawed and decided to throw a bunch of veggies and herbs in with them and see how it turned out.  I was lucky because it turned out delicious!!  (Good thing because hubby doesn't like when my "experiments" don't turn out nummy.)  Now that's it's tested and passed, I'll give the recipe to you!  I always wanted to let all of you know that I am working on a cookbook right now!!  This recipe will definitely be in it! Enjoy!

Ingredients
2 tsp. Dried Parsley
2 tsp. Dried Basil
2 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 1/2 C. Chicken Broth
1 tsp. Seasoning Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
2 Onions, cubed
1 lb. Potatoes, peeled and diced
5 Large Carrots, peeled and cubed
5 Garlic Cloves, smashed
4 Sausage Links/Bratwursts Pork or Beef
3 Tbs. Olive Oil

Directions
In a saute pan, brown your sausages on every side.  Cut in 1/2 and put into a 9x13 baking dish. Dice your carrots, onions, and potatoes and throw those into the baking dish. Smash and peel your garlic and put those in.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

In a mixing bowl combine your broth, herbs and seasonings, and olive oil and whisk together. Pour over the vegetables and sausages.  Cover with Heavy Duty aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove and stir and then cover and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until the veggies are soft.  Remove and let rest while covered for 10 min. before eating. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I had a package of brats in my fridge so this was an easy 'I have it all here' meal...and MAN, was it good! EVERYone in my house loved it. My husband doesn't like pot roast (what?) so this is a way for me to enjoy the feel of pot roast while still feeding the family. Thanks so much for this great idea/recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete