Thursday, June 30, 2011

German Pancakes

I absolutely LOVE breakfast food.  It is my most favorite meal of the day.  I love waffles, pancakes, eggs, all of it.  My 1 rule is that it MUST be homemade.  I refuse to buy boxed pancakes when I can make them myself.  Plus, homemade is always so much more delicious.  It also gives you that little warm fuzzy feeling inside when you see your family eating it.  That is my favorite part of cooking, is watching my family enjoying my food.  So here is my recipe for German pancakes....

Ingredients
6 eggs
1 C. milk
1 C. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
5 Tbs. butter

Directions
Whip eggs until thick.  Add milk, flour, and salt.  Set the oven at 450 degrees.  While the oven is preheating put the butter into a dropper pan and place in the oven.  Pour batter into the pan of melted butter.  Bake for 15-20 minutes and serve hot with your favorite syrup and toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment