Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls

I experimented yesterday with some Rhodes Rolls.  I was craving cinnamon rolls, but didn't have 6 hours to devote to my regular recipe.  My experiment turned out Delicious!  Now, I will say they weren't as amazing as my regular recipe, but when you don't have all day, these are a great alternative!  
Ingredients
12 Rhodes Rolls
Brown Sugar
1 Cube Butter, melted
Sugar
Cinnamon Flour

Directions
Let your rolls thaw until they are pliable.  Squish 2 together and pat them in flour. Melt your butter in a bowl.

On a floured surface, roll 2 of the rolls into a disk.  I make mine about 6in in diameter.

With a pastry brush, brush on the melted butter to the disk.  Pat on brown sugar to cover the butter.  Get every inch of the disk on one side.  Then sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar on top of the brown sugar, and top with a tiny pinch of cinnamon sprinkled over the whole thing.

Roll up the disk and squish together a bit so it stands about 2 inches in height.  Brush some melted butter on top and then sprinkle brown sugar on top of that.

Place the rolls in a greased 9x13 baking dish, and cover with a paper towel.  You will have 6 rolls in total.  Let stand until they double, or triple in size.  I like my rolls to completely cover the bottom of the baking dish.

When they have risen, heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown.  Remove and let cool before frosting, or frost immediately.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment