Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chicken Fettucine Alfredo

I had completely forgot about this recipe until today.  My sweet brother in law came over with his 9 months and 1 week pregnant wife, and said, "Jill could you make me your Fettucine when Laurz get's out of the hospital?  I love it and it's the best ever."  So I guess that means it's a winner and I better post it on my blog.  

I love this recipe because it is so easy and so incredible rich and delicious!

Ingredients:
Sauce:
1/4 C. Butter
1 C. Heavy Cream
1 Garlic Clove Grated
1 1/2 C. Freshly Grated Parmesan (most important because it needs to be fresh!)
1/8 C. Fresh Parsley chopped

3 Chicken Breasts
1 Box Fettucine

Directions:
For the Sauce:
Melt the butter in a sauce pan.  Over low heat at the cream and let simmer for 5 minutes.  Add the cheese, and garlic.  Stir until melted.  Remove from hear and stir in parsley.

For the Chicken:
In a saute pan grill the chicken breasts on each side for 3-5 minutes.  Get a good char on the outside.  Cook until it's not longer pink in the middle and set aside.  When the pasta is cooked cut into strips or chunks.

Before you make the sauce start the water boiling for the pasta.  Cook the pasta according to the box instructions.  Reserve about 1/4 C. up pasta water.

To assemble Pasta:
Toss the with the sauce and place in a giant pasta bowl.  On the top place the chicken and sprinkle with a little more freshly grated parmesan.  Sprinkle with a little more parsley and serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. A comment from our friend Amy off of our FB page, "We made the Chicken Alfredo last night...AMAZING!!! One of my favorites! Thank you!"

    ReplyDelete