Friday, August 5, 2011

Fiesta Lime Rice with Grilled Chicken

My sweet friend Kenna is an amazing cook.  She sends me her yummy recipes all the time.  She made this for dinner this week and sent it to me, and I must admit that it is awesome!  I wasn't feeling to creative this week, and kind of stuck to some of my same recipes for dinner, so I didn't have anything new to post.  I'm glad Kenna helped me out and sent me this delicious recipe!  I added a little pan grilled chicken breast dressed with sea salt and freshly squeezed lime, and it turned out amazing!  Kenna and I both have to thank Gina for her "Skinny" recipes.  To check out her website click here.  (Just so you know I adjusted the recipe quite a bit to fit my own liking, and I added what I did in parenthesis to the side of each ingredient.) 


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups cooked long grain white rice (I used jasmine rice when I made this recipe.)
3/4 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained (I used beans out of the can)
3/4 cup cooked corn (I just used corn out of the can)
1 large tomato diced (used 1 roma and 1 large yellow)
1 large scallion diced (I used an onion)
2-4 Tbs. chopped fresh Cilantro (I used 2 Tbs. because Dave doesn't like too much cilantro)
1 Tbs. freshly squeezed lime (I used 2 Tbs. just because I love really LIMEY rice)
salt to taste
(and then I added 2 chicken breasts and grilled them like I said, with lime juice and sea salt.  I just grilled them in my cast iron skillet.  I grilled one on 4 minutes each side.  Then I just placed them sliced on top of the finished rice.)

Directions
Heat up the corn and beans in a saucepan over medium heat until hot.  Make sure your rice is hot.  In a large bowl, combine hot rice, heated corn, heated beans, tomato, scallion, cilantro, lime juice and salt if needed. Toss and serve.

If you're using the chicken, just fan out your slices on top of the rice and serve as the main dish.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! We will definitely be trying this soon at our house! Thanks for sharing! BTW, I'm your newest follower and can't wait to check out the rest of your blog!

    Briana
    Sweet Peas and Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete