Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Slow Cooker Shredded Pork

I always get asked how to make my shredded pork.  It is my main dish that I take to people in my ward if I am making dinner for them.  I make it 1. because it's so easy and 2. it's delicious!  This is the perfect recipe if you want to impress anyone with your mad cooking skills!  It's just about the easiest recipe in the world, and is fail proof.  It will come out delicious anytime! 





Ingredients
15 oz. Tomato Sauce
2 Tbs. Chili Powder
3 Tbs. Brown Sugar
2 tsp. ground Coriander
1 tsp. ground Cumin
3 lb. Pork Shoulder or Butt (trim the excess fat)
5 Garlic cloves minced
salt and pepper
2 yellow Onions diced
1/4 cup Lime Juice


Directions
Combine the tomato sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, coriander and cumin in the base of your slow cooker. Stir to combine and distribute the spices evenly.

Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper and place it in the slow cooker. Using tongs, turn the pork to coat it evenly in the sauce. Add in the garlic and onions, stir again. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook until the pork is tender and beginning to fall apart, on low 8 to 10 hours.  (This step is a must!  Do not cook it on high because you will not get the same results.  This recipe has to be done LOW and SLOW!)

I serve mine over some crunchy and thick rolls, or just plain with a little BBQ sauce.  You do it however you like!  Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment