Friday, April 29, 2011

Kirkie's Blue Cheese Burgers

In the honor of grilling season (and hoping that I can wish this snow falling in Utah, away) I have come up with a few different Burger recipes.  The first one is dedicated to the cutest 57 year old I know...Kirkie Poo (my Dad).  
My Dad raised all of us on Blue Cheese.  My entire family loves the dressing, and so it's only right that I make a hamburger for him out of it.  
A lot of people use ranch to "dip" things in, but we always have used Blue Cheese.  Because of this over the years I have tried it with many, many, different things.  When I was 13 I even created my own Blue Cheese dressing recipe, which I will have to post.  Anyway I love this cheese, and I love this burger, so I hope you do too!

Ingredients:
3lbs. Lean Ground Beef
6 oz. crumbled Blue Cheese
1/4 cup minced FRESH Chives
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. freshly ground Pepper (you want this kind of coarsely ground)
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Mustard
12 Hamburger Buns


Directions:
In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients (minus the buns).  I normally use my hands to smash everything together because it just mixes it really well.

Once everything is mixed, cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.  (DO NOT miss this step.  Letting it sit will really bring out the flavor of the cheese in the meat and will let the cheese break down enough to hold the meat together while on the grill.)

Make the meat into 12 hamburgers.  The easiest way to do this is to take a palm size ball of meat and slowly form into a circle making the outside a little thicker then the middle.  Make a little dimple in the center with your thumb while you are forming the meat.

Oil your grill, or trust me these will stick.  I know a lot of people don't oil their BBQer, but this is a must.  Just take your pastry brush, or napkin and soak it with oil and brush onto the grill.

Grill the hamburgers until they are thoroughly cooked.

Serve with any toppings you like.  I normally grill my bun just a little and then put the hamburger on the bun with a little mayo, tomato, romaine lettuce, red onion, a little grated garlic, some crumbled blue cheese, a little mustard, and a dash of BBQ sauce, and Bacon is always amazing on hamburgers, so go ahead and add that too!  It turns out delicious!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment