Friday, April 29, 2011

Tomatolicious Bruschetta

I love Tomatoes!  I eat them plain with salt and pepper all the time.  During the summer I use them in just about every meal I make.  They are versatile, delicious, and have so many different variaties and flavors that they make my mouth water!

A few weeks ago I told you about my Bruschetta recipes I have been working on, so here is #2....

Ingredients:
6 roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Baguette loaf
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
In a mixing bowl combine the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper.

Let the mixture sit and marinate for about 15-20 minutes.


Turn the Broiler on the oven on low, and place tin foil on a cookie sheet.

Cut the Baguette into 3/4 inch slices, and place a couple inches a part on the cookie sheet.

Spoon the tomato mixture evenly onto each slice, and drizzle with just a little olive oil.

Sprinkle the cheese on top of each piece.

Broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  (Once the cheese is melted I normally turn the broiler up and "toast" the cheese so it's a little harder then regular, smooth, melted cheese, but it's totally up to you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment