Saturday, April 16, 2011

Turkey Burgers and Brats

In Utah we never know when it's going to be a good day or not, so when it is my husband and I take full advantage of it.  We decided to do one of our favorite things today for lunch....BBQ.  I love coming up with new Burger recipes, but I normally don't work with ground Turkey.  Today that was Dave's special request.  He wanted a Turkey Burger, so here is what I came up with.

1.25 lbs Ground Turkey
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 Tbs. Dijon Mustard
1/2 Onion diced
Salt and Pepper
1 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
1 egg
1 palm full grated Parmesan
5-10 Saltine Crackers crushed

Mix everything together with your hands.  Squish it in and out of your fingers to make sure everything gets blended really well.  Form into 3 hamburgers.

Grill on your BBQ (or you can do it on the stove top) until it's completely cooked.

Then I like to use a homemade bun or a bakery fresh bun.  I warm them up so they're soft and then put your juicy burger right on top.

On top of the burger slather on your favorite BBQ sauce, and enjoy.  Yup....that's it.  Bun, burger, sauce..Perfection. 

As for the Brats....those are my favorite.  I purchase a really high quality brat from my butcher here in Utah.  Then I just place them on the grill and wait for them to pop open.  I eat them with a really high-grade German mustard, and it's delicious!

For the grilled asparagus that you can see, I make them really simple.  I line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.  Prepare the asparagus and drizzle with Olio and Company Olive Oil (my favorite) and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.  I normally toss them with my hands before I put them in the oven.  I just feel like everything comes out better when you do it with your hands instead of a spoon/fork.  
Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.  After 6 minutes I just toss them around a little bit and then arrange them in a line again.

No comments:

Post a Comment