Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Pizza

This is my most favorite pizza in the world.  Every year I take tomatoes from my garden and my fresh basil from my garden, and make this pizza.  It is so easy and delicious.  I make the pizza dough, then the tomato sauce (which is so easy! I'll post the recipe), and then just pile on the deliciousness!  I hope you like this pizza as much as my husband and I do.

Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Pizza
1 lb. Pizza Dough
6 oz. fresh mozzarella sliced or crumbled
4 Fresh tomatoes sliced
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Fresh Basil leaves
1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive oil or  1/2 C. Pizza Sauce

Oil a cookie sheet.  Divide the dough into 4 separate pieces.  Press or roll the dough out until it is about 1/8 of an inch thick.  Place the 4 even pieces on the cookie sheet.

You can bake this on either the outdoor grill or the oven.  For an outdoor grill make sure you put the dough on medium heat.  In the oven bake for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees.  On the outdoor grill, bake for about 2-5 minutes placing the oil side of the pizza down onto the grill, bake until the pizza has grill marks on one side.

Remove the dough from the heat and using tongs flip the dough over.  Quickly oil the top of your pizza with extra virgin olive oil, or use the 1/2 C. pizza sauce and smother your pizza.  Arrange the mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil, on top of the pizza and place back in the oven for another 6-10 minutes or until the pizza is evenly browned and completely cooked through.  If cooking on the grill, cover the grill and let the pizza cook for another 5-6 minutes or until the pizza is evenly browned and completely cooked through.


The Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (6-8oz.) tomato paste
4 Tbs. Fresh Oregano Chopped
2 Tbs. Fresh Basil Chopped
2 Tbs. Fresh Parsley Chopped
1 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic

In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Spread onto any pizza dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment