Thursday, June 30, 2011

Homemade Coconut Granola

I love having granola on yogurt, with milk for breakfast, on a spoonful of peanut butter, and of course with lots of fresh berries.  Granola is so ridiculously expensive, and being on a student's budget I had to come up with my own.  I have tried so many different variations, but I find this one is my favorite, and the most versatile.

Ingredients
8 C. rolled wheat
10 C. rolled oats
5 C. coconut
1/2 C. wheat germ
2 1/2 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 C. honey
1 C. melted butter
1 C. water
2 tsp. Salt
1 Tbs. vanilla

Directions
Mix all the ingredients together.  On a 9x13 cookie sheet lay down parchment paper to cover the entire tray.  Spread mixture on the cookie sheet.  Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.  Stir occasionally while cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment