Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Drunken Chicken in the Oven

Ingredients
1 4-5 lb. Chicken
1 can (12oz) Beer
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
GarlicPowder
Black Pepper
2 sprigs Parsley
4 Basil Leaves
2 sprigs Rosemary
1 sprig Tyme

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Tie your fresh herbs together with cooking twine.  Place your herbs in the cavity of the chicken.

Open your Beer can and place into the cavity (or the Butt) of your chicken.  While the chicken is standing up on the can, rub olive oil over the entire chicken.  (Be very liberal with this step.  I also continually oil it while it is cooking.)

Take the rest of your ingredients and liberally sprinkle all over your chicken.  I normally dump a bit of each in a bowl, mix them together, and then pat it all over the well oiled chicken.  I like it to be very well seasoned.
Take a baking dish and place your chicken inside.  Place the baking dish in your oven.  You are going to cook the chicken until the internal temp. is 180 degrees.  My oven this took about 55 minutes.  I just checked it every 20 min.  But I'm assuming it will take 45 min. to an hour. Make sure to check with your thermometer.

When it is done, carefully remove the chicken from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes before cutting into it.  I serve mine with some oven roasted asparagus drizzled in olive oil, and sea salt, or smashed potatoes and chives.  I hope you enjoy!!

5 comments:

  1. Do you put the can of beer in the chicken or do you pour the can of beer in the chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what font is it that you use on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people ask questions you sure wonder if they are drunk:)
    Great recipe as we are used from you;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dzoli, I was NOT drunk when I sent the message. I was IN a big hurry and didn't read it all. When I had time I wasn't able to delete the message. SORRY

    ReplyDelete
  5. You put the can of beer in the chicken butt. :) As for my font, its just the font that came with this specific html. Thanks for checking out the blog!

    Thanks Dzoli! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete