Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

This is one of my favorite family recipes.  I look forward to Thanksgiving every year because I know that we are going to be getting this cake.  I personally am not a big pie person, but give me a good, moist, dense, piece of cake any day and I'll be happy!  

One pie I do like is Pumpkin, but like I said, cake is better, so when I was little and my Mom came up with this recipe just for me I was in heaven.  It brought 2 of my favorites together.  Pumpkin and cake.  Delish!  
 Ingredients
1 15oz can of Pumpkin
1 12oz. can Evaporated Milk
3 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 box Yellow Cake mix
1 cup roughly chopped Pecans
1 cup Butter melted
Homemade Sweet Whipped Cream

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a mixer.  Mix on medium speed until well combined.  Pour batter into a greased 13×9 baking dish.

Run cake mix through a sifter to get lumps out and sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.  Top with pecans.  Drizzle melted butter over pecans.

Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool. Serve chilled (or warm).  Top with  a dollop of Sweet Whipped Cream.  Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. I made this last night for Thanksgiving dinner and per the family it is AWESOME! Very easy to make, and absolutely delicious. No one wanted to even have a slice of the Pumpkin Pie. It's a keeper and the vote is in that this will be a traditional dessert for Thanksgiving. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete