Friday, October 14, 2011

Frog Eye Salad

 This was a staple in my home growing up.  My mom made the best Frog Eye I have ever had, and since so many people love it I had to post it on my blog for you!  The only thing that I have changed about her original recipe is that I use strawberries instead of cherries, but you can do either.  I'm just not a huge cherry fan.  Anyway I promise you when you try this Frog Eye, it will be your new favorite salad of all time!

Ingredients
16oz. Acini de Pepe
1 3/4 cup Pineapple Juice
3 Tbs. Flour
3 Egg Yolks beaten
1 cup Sugar
1 20oz. can Crushed Pineapple
2 cups Mini Marshmallows
1 16oz. container of sour cream
3 cans Mandarin Oranges
2 cups sliced strawberries + more for the top
2 20oz. cans of Pineapple tidbits
1 8oz container Cool Whip

Directions
Cook the pasta according to package directions.  Rinse in Cold water, set aside.

Mix Pineapple Juice, Flour, Egg Yolks, and Sugar in a sauce pot and cook on medium heat until thick, stirring constantly with a whisk.  

Combine the mixture with the pasta.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next day add the can of crushed pineapple drained, the pineapple tidbits drained, your mini marshmallows, cool whip, and sour cream.  Mix well.  Fold in the mandarin oranges and your sliced strawberries.  Then place slices of strawberries in a circle on top for decoration.

2 comments:

  1. Of course I was wondering how many frogs I need when I read the titlle.I never heard of this salad but ingredients suggest it must be very yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are totally sick dude!

    ReplyDelete