Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hot Milk Cake

One of my favorite food blogs to follow is Flour Me with Love.  Her recipes are to die for, and really easy.  I had to steal this one from her today, because it's the perfect cake recipe!  I woke up this morning and saw the recipe, so I made the cake for breakfast and it was delicious.  It was warm and light and sweet and so nummy!  Since it was nummy, it was the perfect recipe for my blog...so here you go!


Ingredients are as follows: 

4 eggs
2 C sugar
2 1/4 C flour
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 C milk
2/3 C butter 

Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees; Grease a bundt pan.



Beat eggs until thick, about five minutes.

Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
Add flour, baking powder and vanilla.  Mix until incorporated.

Heat milk & butter in a saucepan over medium heat; until butter melts.

By hand, slowly stir milk mixture into the batter;  mix thoroughly.

Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.  

Allow to cool for ten minutes, remove from pan (sprinkle on some powdered sugar if desired).

Slice, serve and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jill for the kind comments regarding my blog :) I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the cake. I can't wait to try it in a trifle or even top it off with some cream and berries! Love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome.So moist.Trying and of course checking out your favourite blog:)

    ReplyDelete