Saturday, July 28, 2012

Apple Pie Dump Cake

 I saw a recipe like this on pinterest, and decided to step it up a little bit.  I love a good apple cobbler/cake so when I saw this recipe, I just saw a few things that I thought were missing and decided to come up with my own recipe.  So here is your Stepped Up Apple Dump Cake.

Ingredients
2 cans Apple Pie Filling
2 Tbs. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 Yellow Cake mix
1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
1/2 Cup Pecans, Chopped
2 cubes Butter, sliced into Tbs. portions

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Dump in Apple Pie Filling.  Sprinkle your cinnamon and nutmeg on top.  Mix your cake, oats, and pecans, together and sprinkle over the Apple pie filling.  Evenly place your slices of butter all over the top of your mixture.
Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Serve with a scoop of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. When you say 2 cubes of butter, is that two sticks? Also, what size cans of apples did you use? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes 2 sticks and 2 14.5oz cans I think they're 14.5 they may just be 14.

    ReplyDelete