Monday, November 26, 2012

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I love a good cookie, but for me it has to be the RIGHT cookie.  I personally like my cookies, what I like to call; the 50/50.  I like 50% chewy and 50% thick.  I have a different chocolate chip recipe that is a HUGE hit with people in Utah, but this recipe that I have come up with for me is my personal favorite.  If you like thick, chewy in the middle, and a slight crunch on the outside, try my Buffo's Chocolate Chip cookies click here.

This is the recipe for my Chocolate Chunk Cookies...

Ingredients
2 C. Cake Flour
1 2/3 C. Bread Flour
1 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Coarse Salt
2 1/2 sticks unsalted Butter
1 C. Sugar
1 1/4 C. Packed Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
2-3 Large Hershey Bars

Directions
In a mixer Cream butter and sugar together until creamy and light, about 5 minutes.  

Sift all the dry ingredients together and set aside.

To the butter mixture add the eggs, and vanilla.  Mix until combined.  Slowly add your dry ingredients and mix until well combined.

With a grater, grate 1 hershey bar.  With the 2nd and 1/2 of the 3rd hershey bars, break into pieces and  place in a ziploc bag.  Then get a mallet, rolling pin, whatever you have and beat the heck out of them to break them into pieces.  (This is a great way to get aggression out.)  :) 

Mix the grated chocolate and chocolate chunks into the dough.  Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 3 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place parchment paper on your cookie sheets and scoop cookies onto cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment