Saturday, February 26, 2011

Buffo's Chocolate Chip Cookies

The Finished Product!!
I made this recipe when I was in jr high.  I never really had measurements, I just added what I thought it needed until it made the cookie dough I wanted. 
The reason they are called “Buffo's” is because of my neighbor growing up.  He lived next door to me until I got married and moved out of my parents house.  His name was John Buffo.  I would make him a plate of cookies every Sunday and sometimes during the week.  He got a plate and then his daughter and wife got a plate to share.  They are his favorite treat and so I named them after him.  :)

Ingredients
1 C white sugar
1 C packed brown sugar
1 1/3 C Shortening
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 C flour
1 bag Milk Chocolate Chips

Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees
In a electric mixer combine all sugars, and shortening until smooth.  Add Vanilla and eggs, mix until smooth.  Add all dry ingredients and mix until dough is formed.  Dough should be slightly sticky but not enough where it won't come off your finger if you touch it.  If it is too sticky just slowly add flour while mixing 1 T at a time, until desired consistency.

Add your favorite kind of chocolate chips.  I just dump them in until I think there is enough.  It's your decision.  If you like a lot in each cookie add a whole bag, if you want less add ¾ bag.  It's really your preference.

Spoon onto greased cookie sheet and cook for 8 min.  Cookies are done when the bottoms are slightly browned.  Place on a cooling rack to cool, but they are the most nummy when they are warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment