Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Chili

I have never made chili in my life until today.  This morning I was writing in my journal and trying to figure out dinner.  I went to the pantry and looked to see what I had and came up with (not to pat myself on the back) the most awesome white chili ever!!  ;)  Dave doesn't like chili and he even liked this, so I'm pretty excited about it.  So here is my newest recipe.  It's even better because it's a crock pot recipe!  (I'll get a picture up soon.  I had to type this really quick so I remembered how I had made it.)

Ingredients:
4-5 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (Mine were even frozen)
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans drained
2 packets taco seasoning
2 C. frozen corn
1 C. frozen peas
8 oz. sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans chicken broth
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Spray your crock pot with pam, or drizzle with oil.  Put your chicken on the bottom and then put everything else on top except the sour cream.  (You're going to save the sour cream for the last 2 hours of cooking.)

Put the crock pot on low for 8 hours or high for 6.  When your
chili is 2 hours from done, shred your chicken breasts with a fork.  (I took mine out onto a plate and shredded them, and then dumped the meat back in.)  After you shredded your chicken put your sour cream in and stir until well incorporated.  Continue letting the soup cook for 2 more hours.

(If your soup isn't as thick as you want it, take the lid off your crock pot and put the setting on warm and it will thicken a bit.)

I serve with hot rhodes rolls or some type of bread that can sop up all the soup.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so so yummy!! Next two weeks I am making my meal plan off of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy I loved that you tried so many of my favorites. You are so great!

    ReplyDelete