Friday, July 15, 2011

Homemade Vanilla Extract

I'm so excited about this recipe I can't even stand it!  This is my MONEY saver recipe for the week.  You are just going to die at how easy, awesome, delicious, and exciting, this recipe is.  :)
I don't know about all of you, but I spend so much stinkin money on Vanilla Extract every year.  I am really ridiculous when it comes to my vanilla.  I always purchase it online because there is this specific mexican vanilla that I am in love with and I can't find it anywhere by my house.  It gets to be pricey though, so I have researched and sought out how to make my own all for you readers.  I promise this is the most easy and fail proof recipe on the planet and it will save you a ton of money if you like to bake. 

 Ingredients
12 oz. Vodka
3 Vanilla Beans
1 Mason Jar

Directions
Use a sharp knife split vanilla beans in half length wise. Place in mason jar (or any tight fitting glass container) and cover with vodka. Make sure the lid is on tightly and put jars in a dark cool place. Give them a little shake every week or so. They will be ready in two months. The flavors develop more the longer they sit. When you start to run low simply add more vodka to your jar and you will never run out of vanilla extract!










This recipe is also GREAT for gift giving.  Anyone who likes to bake is going to LOVE this gift.  :)  Look at that, it's only July and I already have your neighbor Christmas gifts ready.  Just make sure to start now because it takes 2 months for this recipe to sit and get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment