Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Salsa Chicken in the Crock Pot

 Here is a recipe that I threw together because I didn't want to go grocery shopping so I went through the cupboards and found the ingredients to make this delicious dinner work.  It's quick, and easy, and delicious!  Enjoy your dinner tonight!


Ingredients
6-9 chicken thighs
1 can Black Beans drained and rinsed
1 cup Chunky Salsa
1 can White Corn 
2 fresh Garlic cloves peeled and cut in half 
1/4 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
1/4 cup Fresh Basil chopped
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions
Oil the bottom and sides of your slow cooker.  Placed the chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker.  Mix in a bowl the salsa, corn, and beans.  Pour over your chicken.  Add in the fresh chopped herbs and 2 garlic cloves.  Salt and Pepper to taste.  Turn your Crock Pot on low and cook for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.  

My chicken was thawed when I stuck it in the pot, but you can start it frozen.  I serve this dish either over some cooked brown rice or with a thick piece of crusty bread and sprinkled sharp cheddar grated cheese on top.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment