Monday, July 18, 2011

Garlicy Chicken

If you love garlic, you are going to LOVE this recipe.  I am obsessed with garlic.  It is by far one of my most favorite ingredients.  I think it adds taste, and character to a dish.  It's also great if you are not wanting to kiss your date at the end of dinner.  ;)  I love roasted garlic chicken that I bake in the oven, but anything that can be cooked in the oven can be made in your crock-pot, so here it is.

Garlic, and even MORE Garlic Chicken
Ingredients
3-4 pounds of chicken (I used a large pack of legs.  You could use any cut you like)
1 large onion, sliced
1 Tbs. olive oil
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. pepper
20-40 garlic cloved, peeled but left whole (I used 1 bulb of garlic)

Directions
Toss the onions in the bottom of the crockpot.  In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the other ingredients.  I used my hands to mix it all up.  Put the chicken in the crockpot on top of the onions.  Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours. 
Because of the paprika, the chicken turns out an appetizing color, something I find unusual in crockpot cooking.  Anyway (don't mind my random thoughts) I served the garlic and onions over a little seasoned wild rice and it was perfectly delicious.  The garlic would also be good smeared on hot bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment