Monday, July 18, 2011

Lazy Chicken

This is by far my most favorite chicken recipe I have ever come up with.  I purchased a bunch of different Olive Oils from Park City Olive Oil company on our summer trip there last year.  If you would like to check out their site you can click here. They have the neatest little shop where you can go in and taste all their different oils and vinegars.  (I'm a little obsessed with Olive Oil I know.)  When I got home following that little vacay, I wanted to use some of my new oil.  I really enjoy the simple taste of good Olive Oil, so I wanted that flavor to really be the center of my dish.  This is what I came up with...

(using chicken with skin
Ingredients
3 lbs. Chicken pieces all approx. the same size
1-1 1/2 lbs. small red potatoes
4 Yellow Onions, peeled and quartered
1/4 Cup of each of these FRESH herbs chopped....Parsley, Basil, Oregano
1/2 tsp. Dried Rosemary
1/4 tsp. dried Thyme
2/3 Cup High-Grade Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5 cloves Garlic peeled
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper for taste
Directions                                                                                               
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

(using skinless chicken)
In a 9x13 baking dish mix all the ingredients together.  I always mix these ingredients by hand.  I place everything in the dish and just mix until everything is covered in the oil, and herbs.  Then I sprinkle the salt and pepper on top.  This just guarantees that every inch is covered and going to be delicious.
Bake for 55-60 minutes stirring every 15 and basting occasionally.
 If the potatoes are big or the chicken is thick it will take a little longer to cook.  I normally cut the red potatoes in 1/2 and if I am using chicken breasts I normally cute them in 1/2.

You can also use russet potatoes if you'd like but just cut them into slices.  With the Olive Oil, if you feel like you don't have enough drizzle a little more on.  During baking I will normally bake half way through and then drizzle a little more Olive Oil on top.                          

No comments:

Post a Comment