Monday, December 19, 2011

Braised Short Ribs

I love short ribs.  I especially love them on a Sunday night for dinner with my family.  I have made short ribs a 100 different ways, but I always come back to my original.  It's a very easy recipe.  It takes about 5 minutes to prepare, and then you put in the oven for 5-6 hours and you're done.  It's easy, delicious, and once you try it you'll be hooked for life.

Okay, now for this dish I don't have a set recipe.  Use however many short ribs you need for your family.  Place the short ribs in a baking dish with the fattiest side up.  I also always spray my pan with Pam or aluminum foil it.  Then you sprinkle on these ingredients:

Garlic Powder
White or Black Pepper
Seasoning Salt
Onion Salt
about 5-10 Bay Leaves
3 garlic cloves
Fresh ParsleyChopped

Then you're going to cover the whole thing with Beef Stock.  Just use as much as you need to cover however many ribs you used. I normally use 1-2 32oz. boxes.

Cover with aluminum foil, and place it in a 250-275 degree oven for 4-6 hours. Remember, Low and Slow.  I like my internal temp. to be 160 degrees.  You decide what you like.

I normally cook them for 4 1/2 hours and when I pull them out when they fall off the bone.  I serve my short ribs with a vegetable and a fruit salad.  My favorite is mashed potatoes, or corn on the cob, and Frog eye salad.
There you go!  Delicious, easy, and a staple for your weekend dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment