Thursday, December 29, 2011

30 Minute Tacos

Once again I am back to making a new and different kind of Taco that is based on the same old regular street taco.  I came up with this recipe tonight and I'm loving it!  It's what we had for dinner at my house, and from start to finish it took me a total of 30 minutes.  Booya!

Ingredients
Package of Soft Taco Shells
2 lbs. Ground Beef
2 Garlic Cloves minced
1/2 onion diced
1 14oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 14oz can Refried beans with Green chili's
1 Taco seasoning package
2 tsp. dried Parsley
1 14oz can Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 head of cabbage
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Mild Sauce



Taco Toppings
Mild sauce
chopped green cabbage
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional)
avacado (optional)

Directions
brown the ground beef on the stove with onions, garlic and parsley.  When it's comepletely browned pour off grease.  Dump in your can of tomatoes with their sauce.  Drain and rinse your Kidney beans and dump them in.  Then add your refried beans and chilis.  Mix all that together and then add your Taco seasoning package.  Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes.  Then assemble your Taco.  I heat up my taco shells and then place the meat on the bottom, sprinkle cheese, cabbage, and then add my mild green sauce.  Then wrap it up and enjoy!!  Easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment